Friday, December 9, 2011

They Come and Go


Today's the last day of my tutees ( the siblings). And there's no assurance that they would be coming back on January. You see, the older one is a participant in a regional sports event and he has to his practice every after classes, which is coincidentally our tutorial time. The younger one expressed his desire to continue the tutorial sessions yet their father told me that they aren't sure if the two would be coming back on January. I feel sad because I know for myself that I wasn't able to tutor them well. It was really hard tutoring them though because of the lack of books and tutorial materials. I was only relying on their notes, and their are times that they do not copy their lessons. Nonetheless, I still did what I can do for them, but I know my effort is not enough. Now, I don't have late afternoon sessions anymore, and that would just be plain boring (except if our head would give me another tutee). Seriously, I would miss those kids. They are my first tutees when I got employed at the tutorial center. I guess this is one thing that a teacher has to bear - the sight of seeing her students leave without having an assurance of seeing them again. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment