Friday, July 19, 2013

CHANGE CHALLENGE

Change is essential in a person's life. Without opening to change, we will always be stuck in our current situation and we will not experience progress and happiness in life. Some people say that we need not to change ourselves; rather, we must learn how to accept ourselves. However, there is a downside with this kind of thinking. If we remain to be ourselves,  no matter how rotten we are, for the sake of being unique, we are only allowing ourselves to be eaten by the quicksand of deceptions. Going through life without intending to upgrade our selves - our attitudes and behaviors, would only define one thing about who we are: THAT WE ARE SELFISH CREATURES. Selfish because we rob ourselves the opportunity to have a great life and we do not give people a chance to experience how it is to have a great relationship with us.

So for the rest of the year, I commit to change myself for myself, for the people around me, and for GOD. :)

I will..
  • be a giver of time, talent, and treasure with a cheerful heart. I will stop thinking of myself first; rather, I'll find delight in serving God and other people through the time, talent, and treasure lent to me by God. I will stop running after time. I will use my talents to the optimum level.I will get rid of the scarcity mentality when it comes to my finances.
 
  • be more decisive. I will not be a wind tossed by the ocean. I will fix my mind on things that are important. I will get wisdom from God.
 
  • be more outgoing. I will stop acting like what matters most is my job, ministry, and family. I will enjoy myself as well as the exciting things around me waiting to be explored.
 
  • stop being a people pleaser. I can't please everybody. It's frustrating and it's impossible. I don't need the approval of others to feel good about myself.All I need is God's approval. 


  • pray and read the Bible more. I have done it before and I can do better now.  I will always keep in mind that prayers (coupled with works) are my access to God's blessings. I will value my time with God and I will get to know more of God through His words. 
 I pray for God's grace to enable me to do all of these. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment